Friday, February 26, 2010

7-27-1943

Dear Don,
Well how are you today?
Boy I’m just sweatin’ with this darn Poky heat and with a few hours of drill thrown in it really heats you up. My classes are getting harder than heck but I think if I keep interested I can pass O.K.
I just go a letter from Mom and Dad and they say they are all right and that you are studying hard as heck and are O.K.
So there are a lot of beautiful girls on the beaches back there huhhhh & I guess you are meeting some huhhhh? So you say you met a beauty Sunday, well good luck to you because I can’t find a damned thing up here. (niggers, greeks,& indians still are the only inabitants)
Gee I’ll bet Chicago is a big place and I’ll bet, your having a good time there, I know how hard they must have you study but I guess you have fun on liberties.
Chow call ---finish later---
We had pretty good chow tonight: we had roast ham, (not too good) potatoes (all the time), cooked cabbage, tomato salad, bread & butter, gravy, pie, milk, warm iced tea. We usually have good food but I sure as hell am getting tired of Idaho Potatoes. We have em for breakfast, for lunch for supper, & for anything else.
I’ll bet you sure do see a lot of swell boats back there & I’ll bet you have an eye on one for after the war.
Say what do you think about Mussolini giving up?
Well I guess I had better study so I’ll sign off now. I’ll write attain soon.
Hope you are O.K.
Tell Earl Hello
Best of Luck
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment