Tuesday, February 23, 2010

7-15-1943

Dear Don;
Well how is the mate today. I hope you are O.K. and that you aren’t as tired & stiff as me. All we do for sixteen hours is drill, run obstacle course, swim, do calisthenics and go to damn hard class. I guess you are doing about the same cock-eyed thing only a hell of a lot harder.
I really like it in the Navy thought even if the chiefs do get at you all the time. I think this training is the best thing in the world for you. It is really building me up mentally and physically.
I have passed all of my tests in swimming and strength & classes so far & I hope I can continue to.
I got all of my issued shoes today & boy are they swell. They really fit nice.
We had some more shots today & all of my room mates are sick. Jolly has chills & fever over in the infirmary, Brown is sick, Coon is sicker than hell in his bunk. But I am fairing swell.
Well good luck to you and I hope I’ll see you soon. Study hard & keep well.
With Love
Bill
(We got a new skipper (c.o.) today)
(Have to go and clean out the damn Head)

No comments:

Post a Comment