Monday, February 15, 2010

6-11-1943

June 11, 1943
Dear Don;
How are you today? I hope you aren’t shoveling any more coal. Boy I’ll bet that’s a job.
I haven’t heard any more from the Navy but Henry Coleman got his orders today. He leaves soon for Texas A&M. He really hit a good College. He is also close to his relative and to Johnny. I don’t know whether or not I will hear soon but there is still plenty of time to leave on the First of July when Henry goes. If I don’t leave then I will have to wait until the first of November.
All of us are well here and we all hope you are O.K. I guess weather is a little better up there now. It sure is nice down here, the sun is shining and so forth.
I got a good sun burn yesterday……I went to the lake for a swim with Harry, Milt, Henry, and Parker the water is really high and warm a soup. The gals are also hot out there.
Well I guess I’ll finish painting the back porch green.
Best of luck and tell Rapp and coon hello.
Your Bros.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment