Wednesday, February 17, 2010

6-18-1943

Dear Don;
Well they finally came. My orders to report came yesterday morning when I was in school. I came home unsuspecting and mom told me. It was kind of a shock to me because I didn’t think I would leave until Nov. first. It’s quite a coincidence but I’m going with Arnold Coon, Lester’s brother. He is really a nice kid. We are going to paint the town red before we leave. I go to Pocatello Idaho. That’s another coincidence that you and Lester and me and Arnold go to the damn state of Idaho. I hope that the University there is O.K. I guess it couldn’t be much worse that the University of Utah.
In a way I am glad to go but in another way I hate to go, you know how it is. Harry Sheridan is leaving Monday for Fort Douglas. He will probably be there a few weeks getting his shots and uniforms. I get the same uniforms that you fellows have up there. I’ll bet I’ll really look good????in them???
Mom and Dad feel kind of bad but then so do I but I know that it is the best thing to do so I had better do it, in fact there is nothing I can say about it.
Boy it surely is hot down here now. The garden is really absorbing the sunshine after that rainy weather. It is really getting to look good as you can imagine. There are plenty of weeds in the thing too and it is a man sized job to keep them out.

Big News
Wallace Anderson is Engaged to be married

That’s really the truth. He is engaged to some babe whose last name is Hale, and whose middle name is sap, or sucker of something like that. He even bought here a $100 ring to seal the ceremonies. He says he won’t get married until after the war but if he doesn’t have any more sense than to get engaged at the age of 16 he won’t have the same sense to keep from marrying the poor lassy when he is 17. (she is 2 years older than him) quite a deal.
Well now that you have stopped laughing I can say good bye or I should say so long, maybe I’ll see you in Idaho.
We are all well, hope you are the same.

I’ll write to you somemore when I get in Idaho and before I leave.
Good Luck
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment