Monday, February 15, 2010

5-17-1943

I hope you are O.K. and that you are staying a hell of long ways away form the quarantine. I hope you don’t catch any disease like scarlet fever but I guess you won’t.
I just talked with Western Airlines they run from Spokane to here. They said that if you want a seat on a plane you really should apply for it 2 or 3 days in advance. But she said that you probably couldn’t do that so if you really wanted to get a seat on the earliest flight without reserving it to get a priority from your Co. Commander or she said you could take a chance & go to the air port as soon as you got in town and try & get one. (a seat) She said that sometimes a passenger won’t show up and you can get a seat if you are around.
I think you will be able to get a plane seat though. Go to the ticket office (Western Airlines) as soon as possible.
Well Dad & Kale Clawson & I got back from Wyo. last night about 11:00 we drove it in 5 hours. We didn’t catch any fish but we had a good trip. Mom was sure surprised when she found out we had left.
I am still with school (half way) ???and I am going to register for summer Quarter which is a regular quarter. I hope I can finish it but I have my doubts.
Good Luck and I hope you soon get out of quarantine & can graduate.
Best ‘o’ Luck
Bill
P.S. The proof looked swell. The uniform really looks nice on you.
Bill

From Bill’s mom to Bill’s Brother Don

Monday 1 P.M.
May 17, 1943
Well Don Dear I just read your two letters, we sure get the on time only on Mon we get sat.&Sun. unless Dad gets up to the P.O. on Sun. but of course they were in Wyo. yesterday. It sure was a wild goose chase snowed & blowed all the time & to-day it is sure stormy snowing & so cold I can’t hang my washing out. I got the proof & it sure is a darling can’t see your curly hair tho.
Well so another setback in your vacation I sure think it is funny well I am sure glad you have had scarlet Fever. Wonder if you can get it twice I think not. Snelgroves have some of your favorite candies in so I will send some to you to-morrow watch out for them. We are all well, the war is coming along O.K. & hope it will soon end.
You should see how dark it is now I have the lights on & looks like snow again I only hope it clears up before your furlough.
We haven’t got all the garden in yet but plenty of time when it is so cold. Guess your pictures will soon be here I can hardly wait to see them.
Aunt Lou just phoned & said he got a letter from Fred. He said he wrote to you & was glad you were better. He is looking for a letter but guess it was the one you said of his & June’s that had gone all over Calif. I like Fred better than Bob. Bob sure acts soft. He wears some darned old suit tan color & a tan cap, well all Ins. is, is a job. They still say he is in the Navy, but He has P.A.A. on his sleeve guess the Navy took over Pan America. Guess his girl gave him the cold shoulder, He sure felt bad, gee he bought her a doz. of American Beauty roses & everything. There isn’t a pen so excuse the pencil Do you want more abdols.
The mail carrier just left the letter I usually get on Monday. I won’t send the candy as you say about the watch I hope Dad don’t send it to-day it would be a joke. Oh gosh its cold when you come don that d.weather from Farragut. Bill just came in from school he said the proof sure is cute, He said it looks just like him. Well so long my dear & I hope to see you soon.
xxxxxxxxxLove from Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment