Tuesday, February 16, 2010

6-14-1943

Dear Don:
How is the rock pile today. It sounds like your in a prison camp instead of a navy camp when they put you on the rocks. I guess you have an easy life lately though. Coon said in one of his letters that you and him were the only ones out of your original group that are left up there, if that is right I guess you lay around a lot. (maybe I’m wrong)
Hell its raining again…all it does is rain it seems like. The garden is so wet it isn’t doing too good but I guess it will grow as soon as the sun comes out on it.
Henry Coleman and Ralph Parker went with me to Earl Carrols Vanities the other night and boy were they hot stuff. All the gals had neat shapes and there were plenty of the gals. Dean Peck went last night and they put on an act where they choose a few guys in the audience to lace up their corcets (I guess that’s how you spell it) but anyway they picked Deanyyyyy and had him lace one up and then he got kissed by two of them. He damn near died of heart failure.
I registered today for summer quarter, I guess my orders won’t come until November. I wanted to get in this July bunch but most of them have their orders so I guess I’ll go to school. I also got my report card for last quarter, the one I was so worried about, I did pretty good, I was really surprised. I got one low mark, that was a D in College Algebra, I thought I was lined up for an E but I was lucky. All in all I got a 1.3 average. Milton fluncked out again and now he can’t get back into the University. This is three quarters that he has messed up good. I made an average every quarter. I am taking Physical Education this summer toooooooo, it’s required by the Gov’t.
Well I guess I’ll go bail the water out of the garden so it won’t float away. Good Luck and I hope you soon get assigned to a school.
Signing off,
Bill
P.S. We are all well and Grandpa is feeling better although he is the Holy Cross Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment